Registration is now OPEN! Join us for a 3-day virtual Model UN program on the topic of climate change during your spring break!
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Spring Institute in Global Leadership offers 3-day Model UN programs for students from all over the world to work together and address issues of climate change.
Throughout the program, students will:
- Learn about climate change from our stellar college interns and staff
- Participate in public speaking and negotiation activities
- Meet expert guest speakers
- Engage in team-building activities
- Step into the role of a diplomat during Model UN simulations
Who: Students in grades 7-10
When: March 22-24, 2022
Will this program be held in person or virtually?: This program will be held in person at Boston University!
Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm EST each day. Please note: this is in Eastern Standard Time
Cost: $395 per student
Questions: Email [email protected]
What is Model UN?
In Model UN, participants learn about a global issue and are assigned to a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors a UN committee session, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) give speeches, engage in formal debate, collaborate and negotiate ideas, draft solutions (referred to in Model UN as “resolutions”), and vote. Using parliamentary procedure to structure debate (just like the real UN!), students have the opportunity to build skills for life and leadership while learning about a complex global issue.
Note: Our Spring Institute in Global Leadership program is open to students of all Model UN levels!
Get $25 Back When You Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend and you and your friend will get $25 back! (It’s a win-win!) To refer a friend, click here.
Important notes about the refer-a-friend refund:
- In order to be eligible for a $25 refer-a-friend refund, both parties must register for the program on or before February 11, 2022
- Refer-a-friend refunds will be received no sooner than Friday, February 15, 2022
- Only 1 refer-a-friend refund per person (even if you refer multiple people)
- Refer-a-friend refunds are non-transferrable and are credited to the card used for registration
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston (UNAGB) offers financial assistance to students who otherwise would be unable to attend the Spring Institute by providing half and full scholarships. Scholarships are funded through grants, donations, and in-kind support from UNAGB.
Please Note: Scholarships are limited. Only apply for a scholarship if you are able to attend the entire program. If you accept a scholarship and do not attend the program in full, you will not be eligible for future UNAGB scholarships.
What to expect: There are four parts to the application for financial support. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Step 1: Questionnaire — to be completed by the student and/or parent/guardian
- Step 2: Essay question — to be completed by the student
- Step 3: Letter of recommendation reminder — to be written by a teacher
- Step 4: Electronic Signature — to be completed by the student
Deadline: February 1st, 2022 at 11:59pm EST
Applications will not be accepted after the February 1st deadline. Please note, all components of the application must be submitted by the deadline, including the letter of recommendation, in order to be considered.
Apply for financial support: Click here
For questions, please email [email protected]